Vilka nationella eller regionala åtgärder mot coronavirus är evidensbaserade?

Diskutera allmänt om vetenskap, pseudovetenskap och folkbildning, t.ex. vetenskapsteori eller forskningspolitik.
DK

Re: Vilka nationella eller regionala åtgärder mot coronavirus är evidensbaserade?

Inlägg av DK » sön 20 jun 2021, 02:34

Jag är rätt säker på att det inte finns någon grundlag som förbjuder ansvariga myndigheter att följa vetenskapen och därmed rekommendera munskydd ,minska smittpridningen, och rädda liv.

dann

Re: Vilka nationella eller regionala åtgärder mot coronavirus är evidensbaserade?

Inlägg av dann » sön 20 jun 2021, 05:59

Skogaliten seems to think that having politicians use face masks to protect themselves and each other while forbidding school children and teachers to do so is what characterizes Swedish democracy. She could be right. I don't know.

But I noticed that the right to assemble in political demonstrations during the pandemic was suspended in Sweden. I haven't heard of any other democracies where this was the case, but it hasn't been a focus of mine.

However, I don't quite understand the references to a strong man as something alien to the Swedish way of doing things, considering the cult of personalty and the worship of Anders Tegnell – vår guide till galaxen.
Aftonbladet's article didn't age well!
Särskilt gillar jag att han har svårt att dölja sin irritation över andra sakkunniga på området som inte delar hans uppfattning. Det är inte bara roligt, det inger också respekt. Tegnell är ingen vindflöjel. Lite butterhet är underskattat.
(...)
Om jag förstått Anders Tegnells övergripande filosofi rätt så är det ingen idé att ta till storsläggan direkt för då kommer inte tillräckligt många att lyda råden.
Just därför lystrade många med mig när Tegnell tog fram skärpan i tonen och sade att nu är det allvar. Då gjorde man sig beredd att lyda.
Det anstår den nationalidol som Anders Tegnell är på väg att bli.

There is no reason to imagine what a pandemic dictator in Sweden would look like. His ugly face has illustrated the vast majority of articles about the pandemic since day one.
The Leader Is Good, The Leader Is Great!
Senast redigerad av 1 dann, redigerad totalt 0 gånger.

dann

Inlägg av dann » sön 20 jun 2021, 06:15

:x :x unreal!

Same PHA & politicians who deemed it safe for HCWs to care for Covid-patients/elderly in visors only & let employers ban essential workers from wearing a Ansigt med lægemaske got to:

1 limit time for in person parliament vote to 30 min
2 have face-mask mandate!!!
Dr. Katrin Rabiei, MD PhD on Twitter (June 19, 2021)

Tokig tant

Inlägg av Tokig tant » sön 20 jun 2021, 08:02

dann skrev:
sön 20 jun 2021, 06:15

Jesus älskar alla barnen. Jesus älskar även dann.

Tänk på vilodagen, så att du helgar den.

Du skall icke bära falskt vittnesbörd mot din nästa.

dann

Inlägg av dann » sön 20 jun 2021, 11:55

Much like when it was incomprehensible to Tokig tant that two different persons could criticize Sweden's pandemic strategy in English without being one and the same, she now assumes that standing up for Christian skeptics can only mean that I must be a Christian myself:
Om den kristne tro
Pavens undladelsessynder
Boganmeldelse: Bedst af alle verdener --> Dommedagskuller

I would stand up for Muslim skeptics, too, but I don't know and haven't met any:
Det værste i det sidste års tid --> Dann Simonsen skriver:

But let me suggest that Tokig tant's obsession with me be confined to a thread of its own exclusively about me, so we can avoid her derailing attempts in this thread, which is about: Vilka nationella eller regionala åtgärder mot coronavirus är evidensbaserade?

Nemesis

Inlägg av Nemesis » sön 20 jun 2021, 14:20

Aiming for zero Covid-19 to ensure economic growth

With the pandemic continuing now for over a year, it has become clear that there is no trade-off between health and wealth. Successful pandemic management has relied on aiming for and protecting Covid-free green zones. This column argues that by choosing a swift elimination strategy, several countries around the world have gained control over the virus. They did this by minimising fatalities and uncertainty, and are now already rebuilding their economies. By contrast, most European countries have followed a stop-and-go logic that turned out to be more restrictive, more dangerous, and more damaging to the economy.

Eliminating Covid-19 is the cheapest path towards economic recovery. The trade-off between health and wealth has been refuted by countries that have opted for an elimination strategy. Successful pandemic management – minimising cases and fatalities as well as economic hardship – has relied on fostering Covid-free green zones, often via test, trace, and isolate (TTI) policies; travel restrictions; and timely outbreak management. Countries that opted for an elimination strategy – including Australia, China, and South Korea – have gained control over the virus, leading to reduced uncertainty and the return of economic growth. On the other hand, most European countries have followed a stop-and-go logic based on reaction over anticipation. Supposedly aligned with freedom and economic considerations, this tactic has ultimately proven more restrictive on our freedoms, more hurtful on our health, and more damaging to our economy. In particular, the stop-and-go strategy is detrimental for long-term economic growth because it prevents firms from planning ahead for the long term. Instead of investing in innovation, they accumulate cash to face the next lockdown. Instead of investing in skills, they hire on a short-time basis.

Undoubtedly, the vaccines will play a key role in containing and eventually eliminating the virus, as has been seen already in Israel. But the delayed vaccination campaigns in Europe and the emergence of new variants – those already known and those yet to be discovered – is reducing the likelihood of controlling the virus by the end of the summer. To not test our fortunes, Europe needs to adopt an elimination strategy that is not solely based on vaccination.
"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Tokig tant

Inlägg av Tokig tant » sön 20 jun 2021, 15:45

dann skrev:
sön 20 jun 2021, 11:55
Much like when it was incomprehensible to Tokig tant that two different persons could criticize Sweden's pandemic strategy in English without being one and the same, she now assumes that standing up for Christian skeptics can only mean that I must be a Christian myself:
Om den kristne tro
Pavens undladelsessynder
Boganmeldelse: Bedst af alle verdener --> Dommedagskuller

I would stand up for Muslim skeptics, too, but I don't know and haven't met any:
Det værste i det sidste års tid --> Dann Simonsen skriver:

But let me suggest that Tokig tant's obsession with me be confined to a thread of its own exclusively about me, so we can avoid her derailing attempts in this thread, which is about: Vilka nationella eller regionala åtgärder mot coronavirus är evidensbaserade?
Åtminstone de senaste veckorna har du vid ett flertal tillfällen beskyllt andra debattörer för att anta varjehanda omständigheter, när de svarat på dina ständiga upprepningar. I ovanstående inlägg är det du som, helt opåkallat, antar ogrundade saker om vad jag anser.

Du borde dessutom följa din egen uppmaning att inte avvika från ämnet.

dann

Inlägg av dann » sön 20 jun 2021, 18:16

Tokig tant skrev:
sön 20 jun 2021, 15:45
dann skrev:
... she now assumes ...
Tokiga tant pretends that her fixation on me just suddenly and for no particular reason became full of references to Christianity, much like when she suddenly and for no particular reason began to make references to the place where David Steadson lives. She should make another thread for posts about her fixation on me instead of pouring them into this one in an attempt to derail it:

At the International Skeptics Forum, fixating on one poster and following this poster around from thread to thread is called stalking and has consequences: warnings, suspensions and bans.

dann

Inlägg av dann » sön 20 jun 2021, 19:14

Unlike the death toll, which doesn't seem to concern many leaders of state much, I guess the parameter economic growth may make some of them sit up and take notice. Also here:
Countries that pursued strict pandemic suppression strategies fared better on measures of health, wealth and civil liberties than those that didn’t, according to an analysis published in The Lancet. The analysis covers the first year of the pandemic from February 2020, but has relevance to ongoing efforts to end it. Moving to an elimination strategy even at this stage could lead to better health and wealth, the authors say.
Zero-covid countries have done best and it's not too late to switch (New Scientist, June 14, 2021)

Tokig tant

Inlägg av Tokig tant » sön 20 jun 2021, 19:41

dann skrev:
sön 20 jun 2021, 18:16
Tokig tant skrev:
sön 20 jun 2021, 15:45
dann skrev:
... she now assumes ...
Tokiga tant pretends that her fixation on me just suddenly and for no particular reason became full of references to Christianity, much like when she suddenly and for no particular reason began to make references to the place where David Steadson lives. She should make another thread for posts about her fixation on me instead of pouring them into this one in an attempt to derail it:

At the International Skeptics Forum, fixating on one poster and following this poster around from thread to thread is called stalking and has consequences: warnings, suspensions and bans.
Du får vara tacksam över att detta forum inte modereras på sedvanligt sätt. Hade det gällt, så skulle du blivit föremål för sådana bestraffande åtgärder och denna ämnestråd skulle krympt avsevärt. Då hade mina inlägg till antalet varit nära noll, eftersom det knappast funnits någon anledning för mig att delta.

Lägg din tid på the International Skeptics Forum. Där stoppas dina värsta galenskaper.

Nemesis

Inlägg av Nemesis » sön 20 jun 2021, 19:50

dann skrev:
sön 20 jun 2021, 19:14
Unlike the death toll, which doesn't seem to concern many leaders of state much, I guess the parameter economic growth may make some of them sit up and take notice. Also here:
Countries that pursued strict pandemic suppression strategies fared better on measures of health, wealth and civil liberties than those that didn’t, according to an analysis published in The Lancet. The analysis covers the first year of the pandemic from February 2020, but has relevance to ongoing efforts to end it. Moving to an elimination strategy even at this stage could lead to better health and wealth, the authors say.
Zero-covid countries have done best and it's not too late to switch (New Scientist, June 14, 2021)
Lite samma situation som när det kommer till klimatförändringarna. Där ställs ofta också ekonomin mot att vidta åtgärder. Men det ekonomiskt mest lönsamma är att vidta åtgärder, det sämsta för ekonomin är att inte vidta åtgärder.
"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith

dann

Inlägg av dann » mån 21 jun 2021, 12:08

Hi Swedes! These are your parliamentary representatives. See, they wear masks because they are indoors and they know the virus is in the air and that people without symptoms can transmit it. They just failed to tell you this.
Beata Fabi Malsch on Twitter (June 21, 2021)
See photo from Sweden's Riksdag in the tweet.
Hej @Anna_Ekstrom!
Vad bra att se att du har på dig ett FFP2 andningsskydd, som skyddar både din omgivning och dig själv.
Varför fick inte varenda #lärare i #Sverige också ha det i 1,5 år av pandemi?
Okuvad Medborgare on Twitter (June 21, 2021)
Var lika modig som en riksdagsman. Bär munskydd på ditt kontorsjobb!
Marcia on Twitter (June 21, 2021)

dann

Inlägg av dann » mån 21 jun 2021, 12:43

I don't know if any of the defenders of the Swedish strategy are still interested in Brazil:
RIO DE JANEIRO: Thousands took to the streets across Brazil on Saturday (Jun 19) to protest against President Jair Bolsonaro's pandemic response, blasting the leader for not acquiring vaccines fast enough and for questioning the need for mask-wearing.
(...)
Brazilian media reported that protests had been held in all 26 states as well as the capital Brasilia.
Brazilians protest Bolsonaro's role in half a million COVID-19 deaths (ChannelNewsAsia, June 20, 2021)
Probably not ...

dann

Inlägg av dann » mån 21 jun 2021, 15:33

Mask wearing in Europe (self reported). One country is not like the others.
Björn Piltz on Twitter (June 21, 2021)
See graphics in tweet.

Nemesis

Inlägg av Nemesis » mån 21 jun 2021, 18:40

Tystnaden är verkligen total från försvararna av den svenska strategin inför det faktum att riksdagens ledamöter inte själva tror på sin egen myndighets påståenden om hur viruset sprids och smittar, utan istället kör på det som den internationella vetenskapen säger.

De vill skydda sig själva, men har inga som helst problem med att offra er på flockimmunitetens altare.

Skriv svar