Vilka nationella eller regionala åtgärder mot coronavirus är evidensbaserade?

Diskutera allmänt om vetenskap, pseudovetenskap och folkbildning, t.ex. vetenskapsteori eller forskningspolitik.
Tokig tant

Re: Vilka nationella eller regionala åtgärder mot coronavirus är evidensbaserade?

Inlägg av Tokig tant » tis 14 sep 2021, 17:00

dann skrev:
tis 14 sep 2021, 14:35
Tokig tant skrev:
tis 14 sep 2021, 13:31
Att Anders Tegnell "talked Boris Johnson out of an earlier national lockdown in September" är en ren lögn.

Boris Johnson talar inte med, för honom, utländska tjänstemän, innan han fattar beslut i en sådan fråga.
Then I guess Anders Tegnell must be lying about it ...
Boris Johnson was briefed by the architect of Sweden's no-lockdown policy, Anders Tegnell, before announcing new coronavirus restrictions this week.
The new restrictions, which include a curfew on bars and restaurants, fell short of much tougher measures reportedly being pushed by his own scientific advisers.
Boris Johnson took advice from Sweden's no-lockdown scientist before rejecting tougher coronavirus restrictions (Business Insider, Sep 24, 2020)
Boris Johnson received advice from architect of Sweden's controversial approach before latest measures (Independent, Sep 24, 2020)
Sweden’s Chief Epidemiologist has told Channel 4 News that the UK having a lockdown – and then ending it – was probably the biggest cause of a surge in British Covid cases, compared with much lower numbers in Sweden.
Anders Tegnell also confirmed that Boris Johnson sought his advice in a Zoom call last weekend.
Boris Johnson sought advice from Sweden over Covid strategy (Channel4, Sep 24, 2020)
"Boris Johnson talar inte med, för honom, utländska tjänstemän, innan han fattar beslut i en sådan fråga."

Riiiiiiight!
Att Boris Johnson skulle inhämtat råd från Anders Tegnell inför beslutsfattande härrör från en artikel i den brittiska veckotidningen Spectator.
Därefter har den journalistiska rundgången startat.

Anders Tegnell har själv valt att avstå från att kommentera. En sund inställning.

Om Boris Johnson ev. deltagit i ett Zoom-möte, med okänt antal personer, där vissa deltagare ev. skulle vara epidemiologisk expertis, av vilka en möjligen var Anders Tegnell, så är det mycket långt till Sunday Times påstående på TWITTER att Anders Tegnell "talked Boris Johnson out of an earlier national lockdown in September".

dann

Re: Vilka nationella eller regionala åtgärder mot coronavirus är evidensbaserade?

Inlägg av dann » tis 14 sep 2021, 18:06

I guess Tokig tant didn't notice that the Sunday Times TWEET linked to an actual article:
48 hours in September when ministers and scientists split over Covid lockdown (Sunday Times, Dec 13, 2020).
Things like that are so easy to overlook when you don't want to see them ...

Her obfuscation is appalling.

Tokig tant

Inlägg av Tokig tant » tis 14 sep 2021, 18:24

dann skrev:
tis 14 sep 2021, 18:06
I guess Tokig tant didn't notice that the Sunday Times TWEET linked to an actual article:
48 hours in September when ministers and scientists split over Covid lockdown (Sunday Times, Dec 13, 2020).
Things like that are so easy to overlook when you don't want to see them ...

Her obfuscation is appalling.
Sunday Times påstående att Anders Tegnell "talked Boris Johnson out of an earlier national lockdown in September", blir inte sannare för att det ev. står på tidningens hemsida, jämfört med att det publiceras på Twitter.

Nemesis

Inlägg av Nemesis » tis 14 sep 2021, 19:12

Mycket läsvärd artikel!

Covid-19 and the new merchants of doubt
On 9 April 2021, Open Democracy reported that Oxford University professor Sunetra Gupta, a critic of public health measures to curb covid-19 and a proponent of “natural herd immunity,” had “received almost £90,000 from the Georg and Emily von Opel Foundation.” The foundation was named after its founder, Georg von Opel who is the great-grandson of Adam Opel, founder of the German car manufacturer. Georg von Opel is a Conservative party donor with a net worth of $2 billion. “Gupta’s arguments against lockdowns—and in favour of ‘herd immunity,’” the report further noted, “have found favour…in the British government.”

This is not the first time billionaires aligned with industry have funded proponents of “herd immunity.” Gupta, along with Harvard University’s Martin Kulldorff and Stanford University’s Jay Bhattacharya, wrote the Great Barrington Declaration (GBD), which, in essence, argues that covid-19 should be allowed to spread unchecked through the young and healthy, while keeping those at high risk safe through “focused protection,” which is never clearly defined. This declaration was sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), a libertarian, climate-denialist, free market think tank that receives “a large bulk of its funding from its own investment activities, not least in fossil fuels, energy utilities, tobacco, technology and consumer goods.”
The GBD influenced covid-19 policy on both sides of the Atlantic. According to the Sunday Times, in September 2020, Gupta, along with Oxford University’s Carl Heneghan and Sweden’s state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell, advised UK prime minister Boris Johnson not to institute a national “circuit breaker” lockdown to forestall a predicted second wave, persuading him to delay.
Detta är nog att hoppas på för mycket, men kanske får sig den svenska strategins försvarare en tankeställare här. I världen utanför den svenska ankdammen så associeras Tegnell med vetenskapsförnekare.
"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith

dann

Inlägg av dann » tis 14 sep 2021, 20:54

Tokig tant skrev:
tis 14 sep 2021, 18:24
Sunday Times påstående att Anders Tegnell "talked Boris Johnson out of an earlier national lockdown in September", blir inte sannare för att det ev. står på tidningens hemsida, jämfört med att det publiceras på Twitter.
Tokig tant claimed that BoJo would never talk with Anders Tegnell as an adviser because, well, that just wasn't something he would do:
Tokig tant skrev:
Boris Johnson talar inte med, för honom, utländska tjänstemän, innan han fattar beslut i en sådan fråga.
Then it turns out that it actually is something that he did:
Anders Tegnell also confirmed that Boris Johnson sought his advice in a Zoom call last weekend.
Boris Johnson sought advice from Sweden over Covid strategy (Channel4, Sep 24, 2020)
And Tokig tant then claims that Anders Tegnell would never talk BoJo out of an early lockdown because ... well, just because.

Noise, nothing but noise.

dann

Inlägg av dann » ons 15 sep 2021, 06:37

Not exactly news, but worth repeating:
... But is the distance enough to help avoid infectious aerosols?
Not indoors, say researchers in the Penn State Department of Architectural Engineering. The team found that indoor distances of two meters -- about six and a half feet -- may not be enough to sufficiently prevent transmission of airborne aerosols.
(...)
"Our study results reveal that virus-laden particles from an infected person's talking -- without a mask -- can quickly travel to another person's breathing zone within one minute, even with a distance of two meters," said Donghyun Rim, corresponding author and associate professor of architectural engineering. "This trend is pronounced in rooms without sufficient ventilation. The results suggest that physical distance alone is not enough to prevent human exposure to exhaled aerosols and should be implemented with other control strategies such as masking and adequate ventilation."
Physical distance may not be enough to prevent viral aerosol exposure indoors (Science daily, Sep 14, 2021)

Tokig tant

Inlägg av Tokig tant » ons 15 sep 2021, 10:09

dann skrev:
tis 14 sep 2021, 20:54
Tokig tant skrev:
tis 14 sep 2021, 18:24
Tokig tant claimed that BoJo would never talk with Anders Tegnell as an adviser because, well, that just wasn't something he would do:
Tokig tant skrev:
Then it turns out that it actually is something that he did:
And Tokig tant then claims that Anders Tegnell would never talk BoJo out of an early lockdown because ... well, just because.

Journalistisk rundgång bevisar ingenting.

´

dann

Inlägg av dann » ons 15 sep 2021, 11:00

Toking tant seems to think that her entirely unfounded claims are somehow superior to documentation.

Tokig tant

Inlägg av Tokig tant » ons 15 sep 2021, 11:27

dann skrev:
ons 15 sep 2021, 11:00
Toking tant seems to think that her entirely unfounded claims are somehow superior to documentation.
Mediedrev, understött av Covid-bloggaren dann och diverse Twitter-idioter, är inte dokumentation.

Att marxism, psykopati och narcissism förenas i en och samma person; dann, måste vara unikt, tänkte jag först.
Men vad som förenar de som hänger sig åt de tre företeelserna, är avsaknaden av verklighetsförankring, så man ska nog inte förvånas.

dann

Inlägg av dann » ons 15 sep 2021, 11:52

That totally unfounded claims and ad hominems come together in the posts of Tokig tant is not at all surprising.

dann

Inlägg av dann » ons 15 sep 2021, 12:22

Även om siffran är klart högre än vad den varit den senaste tiden handlar det inte om någon uppgång, rapporterar Ekot.
Istället beror den höga siffran på en ovanligt stor eftersläpning, ända tillbaka till 19 augusti. Orsaken till eftersläpningen är ett underhållsarbete i myndighetens databas.
Databasunderhåll bakom ovanligt höga dödssiffran (Omni, Sep 14, 2021)
* Folkhälsomyndigheten rapporterade in 26 nya dödsfall med covid-19 idag.
* Men siffran är en eftersläpning sedan 19 augusti och innebär inte en ökning av antalet döda per dag.
* “Vi gör ju en bedömning från gång till gång och är det något så går vi ut med det och i dag var det inte något som påverkade, så då gick vi inte ut med något”, säger Folkhälsomyndighetens presstalesperson Henrik Josephson.
Högt antal döda i FHM:s rapport – men ingen ökning (SR, Sep 14, 2021)
I take this to mean:
Om siffran ända tillbaka till 19 augusti varit klart lägre än vad den varit förut handlar det inte om någon nedgång. Istället beror den låga siffran på en eftersläpning.
När vi rapporterar få covid-döda: "Vi är bäst i Europa"
När vi rapporterar många covid-döda: "Det är bara eftersläpning"
Informationaparadoxen i svensk tappning: Trots allt vi alltid ser bra ut för tillfället är totalen dålig.
Emil J Bergholtz on Twitter (Sep 15, 2021)

Nemesis

Inlägg av Nemesis » ons 15 sep 2021, 19:11

Den amerikanska skeptikerorganisationen Center for Inquiry arbetar för att politikerna i landet ska följa vetenskapen i arbetet mot Covid:
CFI Advocates for Better COVID-19 Policy from State Governments

As we have consistently argued to state government leaders, there is no reason that containing a deadly pandemic should be a matter of partisanship or politics.

CFI will continue the fight for as long as necessary. The science is clear on this issue, as a consensus of public health experts agree that getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and taking related measures are vital to stopping the spread of COVID-19.
Tänk om VoF arbetade för detta i Sverige...
"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith

dann

Inlägg av dann » ons 15 sep 2021, 21:21

It isn't very different at the International Skeptics Forum. Occasionally, people from the lunatic fringe appear for a couple of months before they give up, but the vast majority of active members are pro PPE, pro vaccine and pro restrictions when necessary. When the covidiots start new threads, they almost invariably end up being moved to the sub-forum for conspiracy theories.

The German skeptics in GWUP are also pro science:
Schlagwort-Archive: Corona
Corona-Mythen A - Z
(Too bad you don't understand German.)

There may be others, but VoF is the only Skeptics organization I know of that didn't side with the battle against covidiocy, but Sweden is probably one of the only countries where the people who are supposed to represent pandemic expertise prefer pseudo science to science. Even Tanzania seems to have embraced modern medicine after John Magufuli died. I don't know if Lukashenko in Belarus still thinks that coronavirus is a psychosis.

Nemesis

Inlägg av Nemesis » ons 15 sep 2021, 22:25

On Questions of COVID Mitigation Methods, South Dakotans are Sharply Polarized

Bild

Republikanska Sverige... :roll:

Här finns ju en folkbildande insats att göra för en organisation för vetenskaplig skepticism.

dann

Inlägg av dann » tor 16 sep 2021, 09:20

I notice that Agnes Wold on Twitter is now really into vaccinations against the virus. She used to say that it was only for old and maybe middle-aged people. She now thinks that if 83-85 percent of the population get vaccinated "så kommer virusets spridning att minska successivt."
Does she expect to get there without vaccinating kids? Or is that just the FoHM?

However, Agnes Wold still doesn't like this kind of ”förebyggande” åtgärder:
Underbar artikel som sågar ”förebyggande” åtgärder som inte bygger på rigorös evidens innan de sätts in
Agnes Wold on Twitter (Sep 14, 2021)
I assume that she has nothing whatsoever against lies about actually förebyggande åtgärder for no other reason than that the actually existing evidence isn't rigorous enough in her opinion even though her opinion and those lies build on no evidence at all.
And we won't forget her recommendation of face shields instead of face masks, will we?! Or the obsessive hand washing.

Skriv svar