Katolsk präst: tonåringar förförde osykldiga präster

Här kan du diskutera religiösa ämnen som inte direkt rör vetenskap eller folkbildning.
Användarvisningsbild
Moridin
Avstängd

Katolsk präst: tonåringar förförde osykldiga präster

Inlägg av Moridin » lör 01 sep 2012, 18:09

Priest apologizes after sex abuse comments draw ire
Groeschel's initial comments were published following a Register interview this week in which he was asked about those dealing with abuse.

"People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to - a psychopath. But that's not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster - 14, 16, 18 - is the seducer," he said.

When asked to elaborate, Groeschel speculated that victims may be tempted to seduce authority figures in pursuit of a father figure. He then referred to Jerry Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant football coach and convicted sex offender, as a "poor guy."

"Here's this poor guy - Sandusky - it went on for years. Interesting: Why didn't anyone say anything? Apparently, a number of kids knew about it and didn't break the ice. Well, you know, until recent years, people did not register in their minds that it was a crime. It was a moral failure, scandalous; but they didn't think of it in terms of legal things."

Sandusky was found guilty in June of sexually abusing 10 boys over a 15-year period, some of whom he met through a youth charity.

Groeschel, whose answers in the interview at times seemed rambling, also said that first-time child sexual predators should not be imprisoned.

"I'm inclined to think, on their first offense, [the abusers] should not go to jail because their intention was not committing a crime," he said.
Hans ursäkt: "my way of expressing myself are not as clear as they used to be." :lol:
Either you believe evidence that can be tested, verified, and repeated will lead to a better understanding of reality, or you do not. - Michael Specter
|AIDSTruth | Evidens för makroevolution | Skeptical Science|