Covid-19. Naturligt eller labb?

Diskutera fysik, kemi, biologi, samt direkta tillämpningar såsom teknik och medicin.
manifesto

Re: Covid-19. Naturligt eller labb?

Inlägg av manifesto » fre 18 jun 2021, 15:09

dann skrev:
fre 18 jun 2021, 13:53
No, it isn't. You only get that impression if you stop reading halfway through the article.
If you read the whole thing, you will find that it is the exact opposite attitude of yours:
All your links except the last one is aggressively propagating natural origin and viciously attacking those who think otherwise.

Ergo, the opposite of your last link.

The official line from the international scientific community, MSM, WHO, governments, the 'sceptic' community, etc, has from the beginning been natural origin and it all began with a letter in Lancet followed by a letter in Nature Medicine, the two leading medical magazines in the world.

More on that later.

manifesto skrev:
tis 15 jun 2021, 19:55
ALL the evidence so far points to a origin in a Wuhan lab = gain-of-function.
NONE of the evidence so far points to a natural origin = natural selection.
This is the conclusion of the article:
Vi är tillbaka där vi började, med obekväma indicier och frågor utan svar.
Och det är i denna obekväma sits vi måste våga förbli tills vägen ut är funnen. Det är uppenbart att det inte går att censurera sig fram till en sanning. Forskare och underrättelseagenter måste fortsätta leta förutsättningslöst. Antingen finns spåren efter virusets naturliga evolution för den som letar tillräckligt, eller så finns det hemlighållna uppgifter att avslöja. Sanningen om vår tids viktigaste händelse finns där ute. Vi bör inte nöja oss förrän vi fått fram den.
Vi kan inte censurera fram sanningen om covid-19 (Bulletin, June 14-15, 2021)
manifesto skrev:
tis 15 jun 2021, 19:55
Am I wrong?
Yes, you are. Våga att förbli med obekväma indicier och frågor utan svar doesn't seem to sit well with you, but it's what a skeptic does until the actual evidence is in.
Your selective quoting are alarming to say the least:
manifesto skrev:
fre 18 jun 2021, 13:15
dann skrev:
fre 18 jun 2021, 07:19
Excellent Swedish article: Vi kan inte censurera fram sanningen om covid-19 (Bulletin, June 14-15, 2021)
I agree (with reservations), but this is the polar opposite to the articles you have posted above?
That is, yes I agree on most of it and I certainly agree with the attitude, but I do not agree with the conclusions drawn on where the evidence stands today.

More on that later.

I'm still waiting: https://forum.vof.se/viewtopic.php?p=744174#p744174
War is peace.

dann

Inlägg av dann » fre 18 jun 2021, 16:17

Keep on waiting!

I suspected that you would only read the beginning of the article and then jump to conclusions.
What I quoted from it was the conclusion. What you read was the first part where he lists the things that makes it likely that the coronavirus, 'original version', leaked from a lab, i.e. infected people working at a lab and then spread to the surrounding population.
Then there's the second part where he lists the things that point towards a natural, i.e. zoonotic explanation, i.e. minus lab.
And finally, there's the (short) conclusion where he says that there is no smoking gun and that more evidence is needed, i.e. the opposite of your claim that the smoking gun is already there, that "ALL" the evidence says: lab tweaked coronavirus was the origin. The article's conclusion is that there is no such unequivocal evidence for the lab hypothesis, which is what I have said from the beginning. You would have noticed this if you hadn't been so eager to make assumptions about what a link to an article means: nothing more than that!

If you had read at least the conclusion of the article, you wouldn't have (mostly) agreed with it.

And try to keep track of which articles I have linked to and which ones Nemesis has linked to. You still seem to be confusing us.

Cytokrom C

Inlägg av Cytokrom C » fre 18 jun 2021, 17:45

Manifesto: Du argumenterar för att SARS-COV2 skulle vara framtaget i ett labb och att det finns massor som tyder på det. Jag tycker det skulle vara på sin plats att du i så fall presenterar dina argument för detta på ett tydligt och överskådligt sätt. Annars blir det svårt att ta ställning till…

manifesto

Inlägg av manifesto » fre 18 jun 2021, 17:59

dann skrev:
fre 18 jun 2021, 16:17
Keep on waiting!
Why? No good answers?

I suspected that you would only read the beginning of the article
I have read the whole article both before you posted it and after you posted it.

Stop lying.

and then jump to conclusions.
What I quoted from it was the conclusion. What you read was the first part where he lists the things that makes it likely that the coronavirus, 'original version', leaked from a lab, i.e. infected people working at a lab and then spread to the surrounding population.
Then there's the second part where he lists the things that point towards a natural, i.e. zoonotic explanation, i.e. minus lab.
And finally, there's the (short) conclusion where he says that there is no smoking gun and that more evidence is needed, i.e. the opposite of your claim that the smoking gun is already there, that "ALL" the evidence says: lab tweaked coronavirus was the origin.
And now you are misquoting me. I wrote:
manifesto skrev:
ons 16 jun 2021, 14:36
Again:

1. ZERO evidence for natural origin + natural selection.

2. ALL available evidence says lab origin + gain-of-function.
1. Selective quoting.
2. Lying.
3. Misquoting = lying.

Why should I take anything coming from you seriously?

The article's conclusion is that there is no such unequivocal evidence for the lab hypothesis, which is what I have said from the beginning. You would have noticed this if you hadn't been so eager to make assumptions about what a link to an article means: nothing more than that!
And I do not agree with the article when it comes to where the evidence stands to day.

You do not get it?

If you had read at least the conclusion of the article, you wouldn't have (mostly) agreed with it.
No.

And try to keep track of which articles I have linked to and which ones Nemesis has linked to. You still seem to be confusing us.
Do I? Example?

I ask you one more time.

- Do you believe that the virus developed in nature or do you believe it was developed/leaked from a lab?

And, why.
War is peace.

manifesto

Inlägg av manifesto » fre 18 jun 2021, 18:04

Cytokrom C skrev:
fre 18 jun 2021, 17:45
Manifesto: Du argumenterar för att SARS-COV2 skulle vara framtaget i ett labb och att det finns massor som tyder på det. Jag tycker det skulle vara på sin plats att du i så fall presenterar dina argument för detta på ett tydligt och överskådligt sätt. Annars blir det svårt att ta ställning till…
Det kommer. Under tiden kan du med fördel ta del av Anthony Wades artikel i Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, 4 maj 2021:

- The origin of COVID: Did people or nature open Pandora’s box at Wuhan?

Om du inte redan har läst den, vilket jag tror att du har: https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-ori ... -at-wuhan/
War is peace.

dann

Inlägg av dann » fre 18 jun 2021, 18:37

manifesto skrev:
fre 18 jun 2021, 17:59
I ask you one more time.
I really hope it's just one more time because you don't seem to get anything.
manifesto skrev:
- Do you believe that the virus developed in nature or do you believe it was developed/leaked from a lab?
And, why.
I don't believe. I see that there is no conclusive evidence for any of the two hypotheses yet, but ever since your OP you have been trying to pick a fight with somebody who believes in the hypothesis of natural origin the same way that you believe in the lab leak idea.
That ain't me!

Your accusations of lying are preposterous. I only quoted your "ALL", which was the point. Nothing else.
Feel free to continue your rant on your own.

manifesto

Inlägg av manifesto » fre 18 jun 2021, 20:35

dann skrev:
fre 18 jun 2021, 18:37
manifesto skrev:
I ask you one more time.
I really hope it's just one more time because you don't seem to get anything.
manifesto skrev:
And, why.
I don't believe. I see that there is no conclusive evidence for any of the two hypotheses yet, but ever since your OP you have been trying to pick a fight with somebody who believes in the hypothesis of natural origin the same way that you believe in the lab leak idea.
That ain't me!
I believed at first that it had a natural origin because:

1. Chinese wet markets are notorious for mixing wild animals with everything that crawls, flies or swim and with poor regulations for sanitation.

2. SARS1 came from Chinese wet markets.

3. No credible Science outlet believed (to my knowledge) that it had a lab origin.

4. I did not research the issue until I "stumbled" upon Anthony Wades article in Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists a couple of weeks ago.

Now, a lot of reading later, I firmly believe that the virus has a lab origin and is man made (gain-of-function) in the Wuhan Institute of Virology from where it leaked with infected lab personel.

And I KNOW that this has been the subject of a massive cover-up both from the Chinese authorities and from (actors within) Western media and the scientific community.

Ca 3 million deaths, still counting.

Your accusations of lying are preposterous. I only quoted your "ALL", which was the point. Nothing else.
Feel free to continue your rant on your own.
1. You do 'selective quoting' = highly dishonest.
2. You are making a false accusation of me not reading the article you were posting = lying.
3. You are misquoting: "ALL" ⧣ "ALL available" = lying.

For the last time. Du you believe in the natural origin theory or inte the lab origin theory?

And, why.
War is peace.

dann

Inlägg av dann » lör 19 jun 2021, 06:09

manifesto

Inlägg av manifesto » lör 19 jun 2021, 12:44

dann skrev:
lör 19 jun 2021, 06:09
False dilemma
Ah, you see more possibilities here?

1. Nature (natural selection)?

2. Lab (human selection)?

3. Other?
War is peace.

skogaliten

Inlägg av skogaliten » lör 19 jun 2021, 21:29

Förvänta dig inga vettiga svar manifesto...

dann

Inlägg av dann » sön 20 jun 2021, 06:51

manifesto skrev:
lör 19 jun 2021, 12:44
Obviously, but you seem to be incapable of comprehending it:
dann skrev:
tis 15 jun 2021, 05:51
As I have mentioned before, I find it unlikely that there would be much difference between a zoonotic virus escaping from a lab and one escaping from a wet market. The only difference that I find likely is that a virus would have had more chances of making several fast species crossovers at a wet market before it got to humans, which might accelerate the mutations, kind of like what happened when it went back and forth between humans and mink ... and in some places probably still does.

But this is mere speculation while I am waiting for more research to appear.

Cytokrom C

Inlägg av Cytokrom C » sön 20 jun 2021, 10:22

manifesto skrev:
fre 18 jun 2021, 18:04
Cytokrom C skrev:
Det kommer. Under tiden kan du med fördel ta del av Anthony Wades artikel i Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, 4 maj 2021:

Om du inte redan har läst den, vilket jag tror att du har: https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-ori ... -at-wuhan/
Jag vet inte, Manifesto, men jag blir inte övertygad. Jag håller med om att det är lite iögonenfallande att viruset bryter ut i en stad där det också finns forskningslabb som studerar just den typen av virus, men å andra sidan har man kanske lagt labbet där just för att där finns mycket fladdermöss…?

Jag är inte riktigt kvalificerad att bedöma alla molekylärbiologiska argument, men har förstått det som att, även om det skulle gå att dölja spåren av genetisk modifiering, är det krångligt extraarbete och i så fall knappast något man skulle bemöda sig med i onödan. Om viruset vore en produkt av sådan gain of function-forskning tänker jag mig att det borde gå att hitta spår av klippande och klistrande i arvsmassan? Därför tycker jag att argument som okänt backbone o.dyl. ändå har god bäring. När det gäller furinsiten verkar det som att molekylärbiologer identifierat ett möjligt/troligt naturligt ursprung https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-or ... revisited/

Jag lägger heller inte så stor vikt vid argument om att man inte hittat den exakta spridningsvägen till människa ännu. Även om det är okänt finns det väl nästan obegränsat med alternativ (och säkert flera man inte tänkt på ännu), så att man ännu inte hittat exakt väg till människa tycker jag inte verkar särskilt misstänkt i sig…

manifesto

Inlägg av manifesto » mån 21 jun 2021, 00:27

dann skrev:
sön 20 jun 2021, 06:51
manifesto skrev:
lör 19 jun 2021, 12:44
Obviously, but you seem to be incapable of comprehending it:
dann skrev:
tis 15 jun 2021, 05:51
As I have mentioned before, I find it unlikely that there would be much difference between a zoonotic virus escaping from a lab and one escaping from a wet market. The only difference that I find likely is that a virus would have had more chances of making several fast species crossovers at a wet market before it got to humans, which might accelerate the mutations, kind of like what happened when it went back and forth between humans and mink ... and in some places probably still does.
The "difference" is that in the case of "natural origin", the virus has exclusively developed on its own through natural selection vs. in a lab through human intervention.

Both can NOT be true.

That said, there is a third option and that is natural selection + infected researcher collecting bat guano in a cave + lab leak, but that is still natural origin although the lab leak would have implications for who's to blame.

Is it something like this you propose?

But this is mere speculation while I am waiting for more research to appear.
So, your final answer is that you will not put forward what origin you find the most likely?

In that case, that is perfectly alright, but then I have to ask you why you are taking part in the discussion to begin with?

Just say: "I don't know enough to have an opinion".

Easy as that.
War is peace.

manifesto

Inlägg av manifesto » mån 21 jun 2021, 01:09

Cytokrom C skrev:
sön 20 jun 2021, 10:22
manifesto skrev:
fre 18 jun 2021, 18:04
Cytokrom C skrev:

Jag vet inte, Manifesto, men jag blir inte övertygad. Jag håller med om att det är lite iögonenfallande att viruset bryter ut i en stad där det också finns forskningslabb som studerar just den typen av virus, men å andra sidan har man kanske lagt labbet där just för att där finns mycket fladdermöss…?
Har du läst hela artikeln? Labbets belägenhet i samma kvarter som de första dokumenterade smittade är endast EN av en stor mängd faktorer.

Jag är inte riktigt kvalificerad att bedöma alla molekylärbiologiska argument,
Samma här och det är just därför som jag konsulterar en etablerad vetenskapsjournalist som Nicholas Wade.

men har förstått det som att, även om det skulle gå att dölja spåren av genetisk modifiering, är det krångligt extraarbete och i så fall knappast något man skulle bemöda sig med i onödan.
Varför är det "krångligt"?

Om viruset vore en produkt av sådan gain of function-forskning tänker jag mig att det borde gå att hitta spår av klippande och klistrande i arvsmassan?
Inte nödvändigtvis, nej. Det finns sedan länge väl etablerade metoder att manipulera virus arvsmassa på sätt som inte "syns" efteråt.

Därför tycker jag att argument som okänt backbone o.dyl. ändå har god bäring.
Menar du att "the backbone" som i så fall måste ha använts i så fall inte var känt av det virologiska samfundet när det användes?

I så fall ett mycket svagt argument.

När det gäller furinsiten verkar det som att molekylärbiologer identifierat ett möjligt/troligt naturligt ursprung https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-or ... revisited/
Länka till respektive vetenskaplig studie så att det inte blir några missförstånd.

Och, nej, de studier som Gorski refererar till är långt ifrån konfirmerade. Så här säger en studie som är mycket kritisk till de studier Gorski refererar till:
SARS-CoV-2′s claimed natural origin is undermined by issues with genome sequences of its relative strains

Coronavirus sequences RaTG13, MP789 and RmYN02 raise multiple questions to be critically addressed by the scientific community

Yuri Deigin, Rossana Segreto
First published: 27 May 2021 https://doi.org/10.1002/bies.202100015

Abstract:

RaTG13, MP789, and RmYN02 are the strains closest to SARS-CoV-2, and their existence came to light only after the start of the pandemic. Their genomes have been used to support a natural origin of SARS-CoV-2 but after a close examination all of them exhibit several issues. We specifically address the presence in RmYN02 and closely related RacCSxxx strains of a claimed natural PAA/PVA amino acid insertion at the S1/S2 junction of their spike protein at the same position where the PRRA insertion in SARS-CoV-2 has created a polybasic furin cleavage site. We show that RmYN02/RacCSxxx instead of the claimed insertion carry a 6-nucleotide deletion in the region and that the 12-nucleotide insertion in SARS-CoV-2 remains unique among Sarbecoviruses. Also, our analysis of RaTG13 and RmYN02's metagenomic datasets found unexpected reads which could indicate possible contamination. Because of their importance to inferring SARS-CoV-2′s origin, we call for a careful reevaluation of RaTG13, MP789 and RmYN02 sequencing records and assembly methods.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... .202100015
Tillbaka till "Gå" för naturligt ursprung således.

Jag lägger heller inte så stor vikt vid argument om att man inte hittat den exakta spridningsvägen till människa ännu. Även om det är okänt finns det väl nästan obegränsat med alternativ (och säkert flera man inte tänkt på ännu), så att man ännu inte hittat exakt väg till människa tycker jag inte verkar särskilt misstänkt i sig…
Poängen är att man fortfarande inte ha hittat någonting någonstans som går att knyta ens avlägset till SARS-Cov-2.

Det närmaste man ha kommit är virus som ligger minst två årtionden ifrån OM det nu handlar om naturligt ursprung/naturligt utval.

När t.ex. SARS1 bröt ut så tog det endast 4 månader att kartlägga mer än 20 olika utvecklingsstadier, dess ursprung och dess mellanvärd. Virusets "fingeravtryck" fanns överallt och i dess olika mellanformer.

SARS2 som tillhör samma coronavirusfamilj visar på samma sätt exakt NOLL "fingeravtryck" hos människor, mellanvärdar eller ursprungsvärdar.

Till det ska läggas att:

- det bedrevs gain-function-forskning på coronavirus i Wuhan Institute of Virology vid tiden för utbrottet i samma kvarter.

- forskningen på coronavirus bedrevs vid tiden under samma säkerhetsföreskrifter som i en ordinär tandläkarmottagning.

- kinesiska myndigheter (säger att de) förstörde allt forskningsmaterial i sagda Institut direkt efter utbrottet och därpå hemligstämplade all dokumentering.

- de amerikanska finansiärerna av sagda gain-of-funktion-forskning i WIV, EcoHealth Alliance under ledning av Dr Peter Daszak har inte heller de redovisat några rapporter från sagda forskning trots att sådana givetvis måste finnas.

....och en massa annat som jag återkommer med.
War is peace.

Användarvisningsbild
Johannes

Inlägg av Johannes » mån 21 jun 2021, 10:41

Givet Nicholas Wades högst tvivelaktiga trovärdighet bör man väl åtminstone vänta på att någon seriös forskare backar upp det han skriver innan det är värt att titta vidare på det.

Skriv svar