Vaccin mot Covid-19

Diskutera fysik, kemi, biologi, samt direkta tillämpningar såsom teknik och medicin.
Post Reply
Nemesis
Posts:3425
Joined:Thu 12 Oct 2006, 22:04
Location:Stockholm
Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by Nemesis » Thu 07 Jul 2022, 19:20

Possible Universal Coronavirus Vaccine

New research potentially points the way to a universal coronavirus vaccine and other applications.

If you look at the big picture, humanity seems to be losing its struggle with the betacoronaviruses (the subset of coronaviruses that infect humans). Over the last 20 years there have been three incursions of these viruses into the human population – SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, and SARS-CoV-2. The latest spillover event resulted in a massive pandemic that dramatically affected the whole world. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is still ongoing, evolving new variants to evade our immunity from prior infections and vaccines. As we will see below, however, we may have a new weapon in this war.

The latest variants, BA.4 and BA.5, are subvariants of Omicron, and appear to be spreading. It is now in fashion to observe that while we may be done with this pandemic, it’s not done with us. The vaccines have provided an effective weapon against COVID, but existing vaccines produce immunity that wanes after six months and are less effective against the newer variants. Many people have already received their second booster, and it won’t be long before we need a third.

In addition to maintaining vigilance against spreading the virus, one approach to keep the pandemic at least manageable is to update the vaccines, targeting them against the newer variants. I think most people have already accepted the fact that SARS-CoV-2 is here to stay, like the flu, and we will all have to get our annual COVID vaccines. Hopefully they will be annual; so far it appears we need to get boosted every six months. We’re all just hoping there is a cumulative immunity, and tracking the newer variants will produce longer-lasting immunity.

There is another theoretical approach, however – developing a universal betacoronavirus vaccine. If we can do this, such a vaccine would not only protect against current and future variants of COVID, it would protect against the next potential spillover event (SARS-CoV-3, or perhaps MERS-CoV-2). But universal vaccines have proven technologically tricky to develop. We have been researching for years, for example, a universal flu vaccine, but have yet to approve one. The problem is that viruses are clever. They hide their conserved bits, the important structures that all variants have in common, and cover them with highly variables proteins that constantly mutate and create new variants. But they can’t do this perfectly because often those conserved proteins are functional – they need, for example, to bind to receptors on human cells in order to invade and do their thing.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/possible-universal-coronavirus-vaccine/
Mycket intressant. Vi får verkligen hoppas att detta leder till något.

Eller ni andra kanske föredrar tegnellsk flockimmunitet genom smittspridning?
"If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed." - Marcus Aurelius

manifesto
Posts:11339
Joined:Wed 24 Dec 2008, 22:10
Location:Stockholm

Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by manifesto » Sun 10 Jul 2022, 01:59

Nemesis wrote:
Thu 07 Jul 2022, 19:10
manifesto wrote:
Tue 05 Jul 2022, 23:41
Nemesis wrote:
Sat 18 Jun 2022, 15:04
Varför godkänner FDA vaccinationer av barn under 5 års ålder inom ramarna för EUA och därmed skadeståndsimmunitet för tillverkarna av vaccinerna, om de är nu är helt riskfria?

Vet du det?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-rush-for-toddler-vaccines-covid-pandemic-children-fda-pfizer-moderna-medicine-evidence-11656951993
Mitt tips till dig: Inhämta din information från vetenskapliga källor. WSJ är inte en bra källa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_Street_Journal#Science
Stämmer det inte att FDA godkänner vaccinationer av barn under 5 år, inom ramarna för EUA, menar du?
War is peace.

manifesto
Posts:11339
Joined:Wed 24 Dec 2008, 22:10
Location:Stockholm

Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by manifesto » Sun 10 Jul 2022, 02:03

Nemesis wrote:
Thu 07 Jul 2022, 19:20
Possible Universal Coronavirus Vaccine

New research potentially points the way to a universal coronavirus vaccine and other applications.

If you look at the big picture, humanity seems to be losing its struggle with the betacoronaviruses (the subset of coronaviruses that infect humans). Over the last 20 years there have been three incursions of these viruses into the human population – SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, and SARS-CoV-2. The latest spillover event resulted in a massive pandemic that dramatically affected the whole world. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is still ongoing, evolving new variants to evade our immunity from prior infections and vaccines. As we will see below, however, we may have a new weapon in this war.

The latest variants, BA.4 and BA.5, are subvariants of Omicron, and appear to be spreading. It is now in fashion to observe that while we may be done with this pandemic, it’s not done with us. The vaccines have provided an effective weapon against COVID, but existing vaccines produce immunity that wanes after six months and are less effective against the newer variants. Many people have already received their second booster, and it won’t be long before we need a third.

In addition to maintaining vigilance against spreading the virus, one approach to keep the pandemic at least manageable is to update the vaccines, targeting them against the newer variants. I think most people have already accepted the fact that SARS-CoV-2 is here to stay, like the flu, and we will all have to get our annual COVID vaccines. Hopefully they will be annual; so far it appears we need to get boosted every six months. We’re all just hoping there is a cumulative immunity, and tracking the newer variants will produce longer-lasting immunity.

There is another theoretical approach, however – developing a universal betacoronavirus vaccine. If we can do this, such a vaccine would not only protect against current and future variants of COVID, it would protect against the next potential spillover event (SARS-CoV-3, or perhaps MERS-CoV-2). But universal vaccines have proven technologically tricky to develop. We have been researching for years, for example, a universal flu vaccine, but have yet to approve one. The problem is that viruses are clever. They hide their conserved bits, the important structures that all variants have in common, and cover them with highly variables proteins that constantly mutate and create new variants. But they can’t do this perfectly because often those conserved proteins are functional – they need, for example, to bind to receptors on human cells in order to invade and do their thing.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/possible-universal-coronavirus-vaccine/
Mycket intressant. Vi får verkligen hoppas att detta leder till något.

Eller ni andra kanske föredrar tegnellsk flockimmunitet genom smittspridning?

Jag fastnade redan på det här:
The latest spillover event resulted in a massive pandemic that dramatically affected the whole world. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is still ongoing, evolving new variants to evade our immunity from prior infections and vaccines.
Hur vet artikelförfattarna att Covid19-pandemin orsakades av ett "spillover event"?

Vet du det?
War is peace.

Nemesis
Posts:3425
Joined:Thu 12 Oct 2006, 22:04
Location:Stockholm

Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by Nemesis » Wed 03 Aug 2022, 22:43

Why the fuck are we not vaccinating 5-11 kids in Sweden. Please, someone explain this to me. Also, hey boosters for kids >12? How about them? We're the only country in Europe like this. Give the wheel to someone who's not a latent anti-vaxxer.

https://twitter.com/galinash/status/1554926917316476930
High level of vaccine protection vs severe Covid outcomes in children ages 5-11 during Omicron

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1554818977758470144
"If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed." - Marcus Aurelius

manifesto
Posts:11339
Joined:Wed 24 Dec 2008, 22:10
Location:Stockholm

Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by manifesto » Fri 05 Aug 2022, 06:43

Nemesis wrote:
Wed 03 Aug 2022, 22:43
Why the fuck are we not vaccinating 5-11 kids in Sweden. Please, someone explain this to me. Also, hey boosters for kids >12? How about them? We're the only country in Europe like this. Give the wheel to someone who's not a latent anti-vaxxer.

https://twitter.com/galinash/status/1554926917316476930
High level of vaccine protection vs severe Covid outcomes in children ages 5-11 during Omicron

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1554818977758470144
Ursäkta om jag frågar, men har du möjligtvis aktier i något av de multinationella bolag som säljer Covid-vacciner?
War is peace.

Nemesis
Posts:3425
Joined:Thu 12 Oct 2006, 22:04
Location:Stockholm

Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by Nemesis » Sat 06 Aug 2022, 00:28

Fauci has a stark warning for you: Get those COVID vaccines and boosters now, or you’re ‘going to get into trouble’

Anyone who hasn’t had all their COVID vaccination shots could be in for a difficult time as the colder seasons approach and the virus continues to spread, America’s top doctor has warned.

“There are enough people who don’t fall into [high-risk] categories, that if they don’t get vaccinated, if they don’t get boosted, they’re going to get into trouble,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the White House’s chief medical adviser, told L.A. radio station KNX’s In Depth show on Tuesday.

Almost 80% of the U.S. population has been given at least one dose of a COVID vaccine, but only two-thirds of Americans have received their second shot and less than half have had their booster dose, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Fauci said Tuesday that while he understood everyone was “exhausted” with the pandemic, studies and statistics clearly showed that vaccines prevented severe disease, hospitalization, and death.

CDC research in June showed that COVID-associated hospitalizations were 4.6 times higher in unvaccinated adults than they were in those who had been vaccinated.

Fauci also emphasized that high immunization rates could help prevent new variants of the virus by slowing its spread, while long COVID was also a factor to consider when thinking about staying up-to-date with vaccinations.

https://fortune.com/2022/08/04/dr-anthony-fauci-warns-us-get-covid-vaccines-boosters-now-or-winter-will-be-trouble/
"If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed." - Marcus Aurelius

dann
Posts:2860
Joined:Sun 24 May 2020, 17:18

Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by dann » Sat 06 Aug 2022, 05:35

manifesto wrote:
Fri 05 Aug 2022, 06:43
Ursäkta om jag frågar, men har du möjligtvis aktier i något av de multinationella bolag som säljer Covid-vacciner?
You wouldn't happen to have stocks in one of the multinational companies selling airplane tickets or in one of the restaurant chains selling meals to people in indoor settings, would you?

Nemesis
Posts:3425
Joined:Thu 12 Oct 2006, 22:04
Location:Stockholm

Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by Nemesis » Sat 06 Aug 2022, 16:15

manifesto wrote:
Fri 05 Aug 2022, 06:43
Nemesis wrote:
Wed 03 Aug 2022, 22:43
Why the fuck are we not vaccinating 5-11 kids in Sweden. Please, someone explain this to me. Also, hey boosters for kids >12? How about them? We're the only country in Europe like this. Give the wheel to someone who's not a latent anti-vaxxer.

https://twitter.com/galinash/status/1554926917316476930
Ursäkta om jag frågar, men har du möjligtvis aktier i något av de multinationella bolag som säljer Covid-vacciner?
Jag har inga aktier direkt i sådana bolag. Däremot har jag innehav i Länsförsäkringar Global Indexnära ( https://www.avanza.se/fonder/om-fonden.html/417655/lansforsakringar-global-indexnara ) där Johnson & Johnson (vars vaccin väl inte längre används i någon större utsträckning) är ett av de tio största innehaven. Fonden har säkert innehav i Pfizer med, det är ju ett stort bolag. Så jag har indirekt ägande i bolag som säljer vaccin. Men med tanke på hur många bolag som fonden har så är ett enskilt beslut som påverkar något enskilt bolag försumbart i sammanhanget.
"If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed." - Marcus Aurelius

manifesto
Posts:11339
Joined:Wed 24 Dec 2008, 22:10
Location:Stockholm

Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by manifesto » Wed 10 Aug 2022, 06:16

Nemesis wrote:
Sat 06 Aug 2022, 16:15
manifesto wrote:
Fri 05 Aug 2022, 06:43
Nemesis wrote:
Wed 03 Aug 2022, 22:43
Ursäkta om jag frågar, men har du möjligtvis aktier i något av de multinationella bolag som säljer Covid-vacciner?
Jag har inga aktier direkt i sådana bolag. Däremot har jag innehav i Länsförsäkringar Global Indexnära ( https://www.avanza.se/fonder/om-fonden.html/417655/lansforsakringar-global-indexnara ) där Johnson & Johnson (vars vaccin väl inte längre används i någon större utsträckning) är ett av de tio största innehaven. Fonden har säkert innehav i Pfizer med, det är ju ett stort bolag. Så jag har indirekt ägande i bolag som säljer vaccin. Men med tanke på hur många bolag som fonden har så är ett enskilt beslut som påverkar något enskilt bolag försumbart i sammanhanget.
Bra, då har du ingen intressekonflikt när du propagerar för att även barn under 5 år ska vaccineras trots att inga studier avseende möjliga skador på längre sikt har gjorts?

Trots att tillståndet att vaccinera även barn under 5 år sker inom ramarna för "EUA"? Varför "EUA" om FDA faktiskt vet att riskerna väger lättare än fördelarna?

Vet du det?
War is peace.

manifesto
Posts:11339
Joined:Wed 24 Dec 2008, 22:10
Location:Stockholm

Re: Vaccin mot Covid-19

Post by manifesto » Wed 10 Aug 2022, 06:19

Nemesis wrote:
Thu 07 Jul 2022, 19:10
manifesto wrote:
Tue 05 Jul 2022, 23:41
Nemesis wrote:
Sat 18 Jun 2022, 15:04
Varför godkänner FDA vaccinationer av barn under 5 års ålder inom ramarna för EUA och därmed skadeståndsimmunitet för tillverkarna av vaccinerna, om de är nu är helt riskfria?

Vet du det?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-rush-for-toddler-vaccines-covid-pandemic-children-fda-pfizer-moderna-medicine-evidence-11656951993
Mitt tips till dig: Inhämta din information från vetenskapliga källor. WSJ är inte en bra källa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_Street_Journal#Science
Är apnews.com en bättre källa, menar du?

https://forum.vof.se/viewtopic.php?p=748964#p748964
War is peace.

Post Reply