Hur kommer bilden av Sverige i världen att se ut efter Covid?

Diskutera sociologi, historia, religionsvetenskap, ekonomi, språk, statsvetenskap o.s.v. ur ett vetenskapligt perspektiv.
dann
Re: Hur kommer bilden av Sverige i världen att se ut efter Covid?

Post by dann » Wed 08 Jun 2022, 06:53

Swedengate, continued:
#SwedenGate sparks food fight: Why some countries share meals more than others (NPR, June 7, 2022)
First things first: Would a host in Sweden really not invite a guest to join their meal if its dinnertime?
It does happen, says Richard Tellström, a food historian at Stockholm University and author of a book about Swedish food culture in the 19th and 20th centuries. He says this practice was customary when he was a kid in the '60s and '70s. If he was over a friend's house and it was time for dinner, he would go back to his own house to eat. Or he would stay and wait in another room while his friend finished his meal. Then they'd continue playing.
It wasn't so bad, he says. "It was quite interesting to wait — you could look at the things in the room, read a magazine. It wasn't such a long time, about 7 to 9 minutes or however long it took to eat."
https://text.npr.org/1102930419
Man, you Swedes are incredibly fast eaters! :)
If you’re a fast eater, you’ll consume more food in 20 minutes than a slow eater.
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/are-you-a-fast-eater-slow-down-to-eat-and-weigh-less/
20 minutes! Who's got time for that? I could assemble a whole Ikea bookcase in 20 minutes!

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun 12 Jun 2022, 18:38

NYT hade en intressant artikel om Swedengate, skriven av person med bakgrund (vilket framgår i artikeln) från Nigeria, USA, nu boende i Sverige. Jag vet vad som utlöst det hela, men jag har inte följt det. Artikeln sätter fokus på den absurda besattheten av "Sverigebilden".
A Social Media Takedown Is a Blessing in Disguise for Sweden

The disconnect between Sweden’s global image of perfection and its internal problems caused Swedengate to escalate. The metaphor was irresistible: Swedes dining in minimalist rooms of glass while others look on, invited into the house but not given a seat at the table. The episode of unwanted social media virality exposed the xenophobia that lurks in some quarters of Swedish culture, as well as the country’s somewhat surprising cultural fragility.

Sweden has invested enormously in its global image and public relations machine. I know this because I’ve written for the country’s official website about all the wonderful virtues that make it a global leader. As a travel writer and photographer, I document my country’s sweeping vistas, iconic cultural traditions, sustainability mind-set and reverent relationship with nature. I even wrote a book about lagom, Sweden’s much-vaunted ethos of moderation and avoidance of indebtedness.

The country, like many others, also has deep integration and inclusion issues that it must address. I often say that it is the most open society, run by the most private people. The cultural tropes it is praised for play a part in this: Lagom stipulates that we must take care of our individual needs first, without aggravating others in the process. This creates a society of interiority in which people are open-minded enough to allow their neighbors to do whatever they want, yet keep very close bubbles around their own lives to avoid stress, discomfort, and the unfamiliar. This is a part of why we have a segregated society where ethnic minorities congregate in subcommunities in order to feel accepted and listened to.

It’s an opportunity for a country I love to finally exhale, shed the self-imposed burden of perfection, take itself less seriously and acknowledge its weaknesses. That doesn’t mean it can’t proudly celebrate its strengths — but it means admitting to not knowing everything, and projecting to the world that there’s a lot that can be learned from others, as well.

No one, and no country, is above criticism. By seeing a culture’s imperfections and vulnerabilities, we begin to truly see one another. We recognize pains, sorrows, joys and wants across national boundaries. That is how, over time, Sweden can shed the unfair stereotype of a cold and distant nation — and show the world that its heart beats warmly, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/11/opinion/swedengate-sweden-twitter.html
Sweden has invested enormously in its global image and public relations machine. I know this because I’ve written for the country’s official website about all the wonderful virtues that make it a global leader.
Samtidigt:
Aktuella Kötider Sverige

Arlanda: 22 timmar.
Akuten: 27 timmar.
Skatteverket: 936 personer före.
Pass: 9 månader.
Försäkringskassan: 1,5 år.
Bostad: 9,6 år.
Vård: Du dör troligen i kön.

Vad köar du för idag?

https://twitter.com/heresh_ariai/status/1535528011033989120
De pengar som läggs på att måla upp en bild inför resten av världen, skulle man inte kunna lägga dem på att ta itu med de olika problem vi har istället?

Har andra jämförbara länder motsvarande PR-maskineri riktade mot omvärlden? De övriga nordiska länderna? Irland? Nederländerna? Belgien? Australien? Nya Zeeland?
"If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed." - Marcus Aurelius

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue 14 Jun 2022, 12:49

Hur mycket pengar läggs det då?

dann

Post by dann » Tue 14 Jun 2022, 13:05

Nemesis wrote:
Sun 12 Jun 2022, 18:38
Har andra jämförbara länder motsvarande PR-maskineri riktade mot omvärlden? De övriga nordiska länderna? Irland? Nederländerna? Belgien? Australien? Nya Zeeland?
I don't think so. By the way, I haven't checked out the latest reports from the Swedish Institute.
Nemesis wrote:
Sun 12 Jun 2022, 18:38
No one, and no country, is above criticism. By seeing a culture’s imperfections and vulnerabilities, we begin to truly see one another. We recognize pains, sorrows, joys and wants across national boundaries. That is how, over time, Sweden can shed the unfair stereotype of a cold and distant nation — and show the world that its heart beats warmly, too.
It's hard to imagine Tegnell doing any of those things, isn't it? :lol:
He is just so much better at pretending to be stabil, råk och rationell.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed 15 Jun 2022, 14:39

Vad betyder "råk" i sammanhanget?

dann

Post by dann » Wed 15 Jun 2022, 15:53

It means that I gave you an opportunity to point out a spelling error. Are you happy now? :roll:

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu 16 Jun 2022, 10:50

Inte direkt glad, men du får gärna meddela vad det egentligen skulle stå.

dann

Post by dann » Thu 16 Jun 2022, 13:02

Oh dear.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu 16 Jun 2022, 13:37

?

dann

Post by dann » Thu 16 Jun 2022, 15:05

!

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri 17 Jun 2022, 07:46

Har det slagit slint fullständigt? Är du inte kapabel att förstå och svara på en mycket enkel fråga? Jag är inte ute efter att sätta dit dig och har ingen underliggande agenda. Jag är bara nyfiken på vad det skulle stå i stället för "råk".

("Råk" på svenska är en spricka i en sjö- eller havsis. https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A5k).

dann

Post by dann » Fri 17 Jun 2022, 09:04

I think that every other Swede than you would know what the word is and how to spell it.

It reminds me of the time when a Swedish politician, probably Hallengren, was critized by people who wanted her to make use of the pandemic law at that point. She reassured them that there was no reason to do so because Sweden wasn't about to run out of coronavirus in the near future. Do you remember?

But, of course, it is theoretically possible that you, unlike every other Swede, never heard Dr. Alban's song. (I could be wrong, but I don't think Dr. Alban is a real doctor - unlike Cuba's El Medico!)
Last edited by dann on Fri 17 Jun 2022, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

dann

Post by dann » Fri 17 Jun 2022, 09:19

Trump’s Pressure Campaign Against Pence on January 6th Revealed (The Daily Show on YouTube, June 17, 2022)
The F.D.A. approves Covid vaccines for children under five, Dr. Fauci tests positive, the January 6th hearings reveal new threats to Mike Pence, Pakistan faces a tea shortage, and Sweden finds a sexy way to encourage citizens not to litter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mSZ_h7Shpo
It begins at 10:40.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri 17 Jun 2022, 10:22

Jag googlade och nu förstår jag. Det är helt rätt att jag aldrig hade hört, eller ens hört talas om att Dr Alban hade gjort en parafras som handlar om Tegnell. Jag misstänker att det är rätt många andra svenskar som inte heller gjort det. Dr Alban är inte direkt mainstream i Sverige de senaste 25 åren.

stefan_radstrom

Post by stefan_radstrom » Tue 21 Jun 2022, 09:35

Jag gissar att det ska stå: "stabil, rak och rationell"?
Bättre en sten i skon än tio kastade mot huvudet.