Hur kommer bilden av Sverige i världen att se ut efter Covid?

Diskutera sociologi, historia, religionsvetenskap, ekonomi, språk, statsvetenskap o.s.v. ur ett vetenskapligt perspektiv.
Tokig tant

Re: Hur kommer bilden av Sverige i världen att se ut efter Covid?

Inlägg av Tokig tant » fre 09 apr 2021, 14:43

Man skall icke jämföra äpplen och päron.

dann

Inlägg av dann » fre 09 apr 2021, 18:30

We have noticed! We know! In your opinion, the Swedish strategy shouldn't be compared to the rest of Scandinavia. Belgium used to be the preferred comparison for no logical reason at all, but nowadays Sweden appears to have turned into an Eastern European country.

Interesting new article about the meeting that made Boris Johnson go against a swift lockdown in favor of the herd-immunity-by-infection approach. That Anders Tegnell participated at this meeting is no surprise:
At the same meeting, professor John Edmunds of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is believed to have said that an immediate circuit-breaker lockdown was necessary.
Less than 24 hours later, the prime minister decided against introducing tight restrictions, effectively side-lining his official medical and scientific advisers. A subsequent ‘second wave’ saw a surge in infections and deaths across the UK.
Tegnell, who has been accused of pursuing a herd immunity approach in Sweden, has declined to say what was discussed at the Number 10 briefing.
Tory billionaire bankrolled ‘herd immunity’ scientist who advised PM against lockdown (Open Democracy, April 9, 2021)
You must be so proud of Sweden's contribution to the Great Barrington Declaration! I am sure that it has helped 'Sverigebilden' immensely.

Nemesis

Inlägg av Nemesis » lör 10 apr 2021, 18:00

Tegnell vill inte uppge vad han sa under samtalet med Boris Johnson. Hade varit intressant att vara en fluga på väggen där och då...
"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith

dann

Inlägg av dann » lör 10 apr 2021, 19:24

Well, we know what his attitude will have been, but let's hope that somebody is able to get hold of a transcript of the discussion and leak it.

This one has nothing to do with the pandemic, but it hasn't improved Sverigebilden:
The defense forces of 🇸🇪 in 1940 weren’t stellar, but still stronger than 🇳🇴 and in particular than 🇩🇰. Had Hitler decided to invade 🇸🇪 it would have been a fight.
Carl Bildt on Twitter (April 9, 2021)

dann

Inlägg av dann » tor 22 apr 2021, 06:24

Sweden’s Public Health Agency recently said “several among its key figures have been granted police protection”, the site adds, while a member of the public said Tegnell should be “executed by a firing squad on live state television” when asked for his thoughts on the street in Stockholm.

In December, both King Carl XVI Gustaf and Prime Minister Lofven acknowledged that the Swedish approach had failed. “But with the Swedish public more divided than ever, politicians appear to increasingly deny the obvious”, OpenDemocracy reports. With the possibility of more lockdown restrictions not on the agenda, “the handling of the pandemic will inevitably leave Swedish society deeply scarred and divided”, the site adds.

Asked by The New Yorker how he felt about the shift in public mood, Tegnell said the number of deaths in Sweden “weighed on him”, adding: “I think this was a big frustration and feeling of failure for us.”

But he “remains steadfast” about the route Sweden has taken, the magazine adds, maintaining that “if other countries were led by experts rather than politicians, more nations would have policies like Sweden’s”.
How Sweden went from coronavirus outlier to Europe’s most infected country (TheWeek.co.uk, April 14, 2021)
I assume that the "member of the public" wasn't interviewed by SVT ...

dann

Inlägg av dann » tis 27 apr 2021, 05:34

Det finns hur många exempel som helst att tyska mask-/lockdown-/restriktions-/vaccinmåtståndare gladeligen viftar svenska flaggan på Querdenker-/högerextremistdemonstrationer. Sveriges "coola nya vänner"
ConanZeBavarian on Twitter (April 26, 2021)
Photos in the tweet.
It is a little like the rioters carrying Confederate flags when they stormed the Capitol building in Washington on Jan 6 ...

dann

Inlägg av dann » tor 29 apr 2021, 14:25

Sverige som en ”frihetsutopi”
Enligt David Boati, som är på plats i Bochum, har frågan om coronarestriktionerna blivit alltmer politiserad.
– Det är jättemånga européer som har drabbats väldigt hårt, både psykiskt, socialt och ekonomiskt. Missnöjet är utbrett i breda grupper, förklarar han.
Samtidigt har hanteringen av smittspridningen blivit något av en höger-vänsterfråga, säger han.
Den skarpa kritiken kommer från yttersta högerkanten. Men idag träffade vi även sådana som inte ens tror på viruset och som också är väldigt kritiska till vaccin.
Kritikerna som David Boati har talat med har även uttryckt en beundran för den svenska coronalinjen
:
– De ser Sverige som en frihetsutopi. De tänker att vi lever precis som vanligt och att vi får se varandras leenden.
Tyska restriktionskritiker ser Sverige som en ”frihetsutopi” (SVT, Nov. 21, 2021)

Nemesis

Inlägg av Nemesis » tor 29 apr 2021, 19:45

dann skrev:
tor 29 apr 2021, 14:25
Sverige som en ”frihetsutopi”
Enligt David Boati, som är på plats i Bochum, har frågan om coronarestriktionerna blivit alltmer politiserad.
– Det är jättemånga européer som har drabbats väldigt hårt, både psykiskt, socialt och ekonomiskt. Missnöjet är utbrett i breda grupper, förklarar han.
Samtidigt har hanteringen av smittspridningen blivit något av en höger-vänsterfråga, säger han.
Den skarpa kritiken kommer från yttersta högerkanten. Men idag träffade vi även sådana som inte ens tror på viruset och som också är väldigt kritiska till vaccin.
Kritikerna som David Boati har talat med har även uttryckt en beundran för den svenska coronalinjen
:
– De ser Sverige som en frihetsutopi. De tänker att vi lever precis som vanligt och att vi får se varandras leenden.
Tyska restriktionskritiker ser Sverige som en ”frihetsutopi” (SVT, Nov. 21, 2021)
Känns lite märkligt att de som inte tror att viruset existerar ser Sverige som en utopi. Svenska myndigheter förnekar trots allt inte att viruset existerar eller and pandemin pågår.

Har sett t ex Anders Lindberg hänvisa till den svenska friheten. Men trots det har jag en stark känsla av att vi inte inom överskådlig framtid kommer att få se Aftonbladets ledarartiklar argumentera emot statligt alkoholmonopol eller Europas mest repressiva drogpolitik.
"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith

dann

Inlägg av dann » fre 30 apr 2021, 07:06

Freedom from disease is not appreciated much by lockdown opponents.
Very few of those "som inte tror att viruset existerar" actually think that the virus doesn't exist.
They are against lockdowns and/or vaccines and use the argument that the virus doesn't exist to promote their cause:
'A lockdown doesn't serve the purpose of getting the virus under control since the virus doesn't exist. It's an instrument of oppression.'
Being in denial of something is different from believing that it doesn't exist.
It's a little like the people in this forum who sow doubt about studies that show that face masks work while wearing face masks themselves.
Virus denial is not merely ignorant, it's dishonest. Lying liars lie.

dann

Inlägg av dann » fre 30 apr 2021, 14:37

Tokig tant skrev:
tor 08 apr 2021, 19:50
Man skall icke jämföra äpplen och päron.
The Tegnellian version:
6 mars 2020. Anders Tegnell får fråga om FHM står fast vid sina jämförelser mellan coronaviruset och influensan. Ja, absolut, säger han. Man ska jämföra äpplen med äpplen och de som kritiserat jämförelsen har inte tittat på rätt siffror och borde prata med FHM istället för media.
Immunitetsexperimentets offer on Twitter (April 23, 2021)

dann

Inlägg av dann » fre 30 apr 2021, 17:18

Bild 1. Vad regeringen tänker om sin strategi
Bild 2. Vad utländsk media tänker om svenska strategin
Bild 3. Vad WHO säger om strategin
Marikamedk on Twitter (April 30, 2021)

dann

Inlägg av dann » fre 30 apr 2021, 17:37

Critics are usually accused of harming image of Sweden, #Sverigebilden, by Tegnellists & Herd Immunity lovers. We have news for them, having the state epidemiologist flat out lie in TV saying Skåne has done better than Själland, is far more harmful than any critical citizen!
SaveSwedenCov19 on Twitter (April 30, 2021)

Nemesis

Inlägg av Nemesis » sön 02 maj 2021, 15:47

Borde inte det envisa vetenskapsförekandet med resulterade sjukdom och död vara skadligare för "Sverigebilden" än någon kritiker? Vem tror de att de lurar?

dann

Inlägg av dann » mån 03 maj 2021, 08:50

Short Twitter thread about an article in the German magazine Der Spiegel, Die neue Schweizer Lockerheit und schwedische Vorsicht:
Nyheter från en annan planet, del: 6462:
I tyska tidningen "Der Spiegel" diskuterar utlandskorrespondenterna från Schweiz och Sverige i en podcast om situationen i de båda länderna. Det finns många likheter som har lett till liknande dåliga resultat. Men jag ska fokusera på Sverige (1/n)
Conan Ze Bavarian (May 2, 2021)
And speaking of Germany:
Was macht eigentlich Schweden? Ah, zurzeit mit 785 weltweit fünfthöchste 14-T-Inzidenz (dachte, die hätten seit Juni 2020 Herdenimmunität). Oh, und in Stockholm wurde eine Long-Covid-Station nur für Kinder eingerichtet, die ja nie schwer erkranken sollen.
Marc Brupbacher on Twitter (April 18, 2021)

dann

Inlägg av dann » mån 03 maj 2021, 09:07

Nemesis skrev:
sön 02 maj 2021, 15:47
Borde inte det envisa vetenskapsförekandet med resulterade sjukdom och död vara skadligare för "Sverigebilden" än någon kritiker? Vem tror de att de lurar?
Tegnell thinks he fools the politicians as well as the people. That part of his strategy has been successful, but I don't know to what extent the politicians just pretend to have been fooled by him because he delivers the pseudo-scientific excuses for a policy they wanted anyway.
The politicians think they fool the voters. It remains to be seen how successful that strategy has been, but since there seems to be no real opposition, their calculation is probably not wrong. The opposition in Sweden seems to be on the side of the protestors in Stockholm this weekend:
Sabuni uppger också att det är en "absurd idé" att restriktioner skulle kunna vara en del av det "nya normala."
– Det kommer Liberalerna aldrig att medverka till, säger hon.
Centerledaren Annie Lööf skriver på Twitter: "Öppna upp samhället igen och återupprätta människors fri- och rättigheter så fort det går är det som ska vara normalläget".
Nu tas planen fram för att öppna Sverige (Omni.se, April 29, 2021)
The rest of the world doesn't seem to have been fooled. The ill-willed abroad weren't fooled by Tegnell. His ideas just helped give them the appearance of having science on their side.

Skriv svar